…Come stay a while?
3 months of head-down grafting at Stark & Goodwin HQ and we are FINALLY ready to show you the first of our apartments heading for the Holiday Let/ Airbnb market in the wonderful English City of Bath!
Our inspiration came from architectural sketches and forms. The space has a monochrome colour palette highlighted with mixed metal and shots of strong colour and design.
Housed on the third floor of a typical Georgian town house in the city centre just ten minutes walk from The Royal Crescent.
Christmas is nearly upon us (aaah!), so we’ve put together a little holiday gift guide for all the homebodies out there who are always looking for ways to make their spaces more, well… homely!
The word ‘Hygge’ and everything that surrounds it has come out of Denmark and in to the mainstream this year, so let’s start off with all things Cozy.
1. Set of 3 mini candles from Skandinavisk – John Lewis
2. Glerups slippers – Hus & Hem
3. Crof t bark coasters, set of 4 – John Lewis
4. Dot cushion by Hay – Haus London
5. Ceramic beaker cup – Minor Goods
6. Trigone cotton bedspread – Maisons Du Monde
Everyone has a food lover in their lives – we’ve got you covered with design led pieces for the kitchen.
1. Brass Cafetière by Barista & Co – Habitat
2. Slow brew mug – Minor Goods
3. Copper measuring cups – Marks & Spencer
4. Studio Formatta cocktail tray – Hus & Hem
5. Denim apron – Minor Goods
6. Set of 2 marble teacups & saucers – Oliver Bonas
And finally, gifts for the one who loves to host a pretty party
1. Brass dotted barware – Anthropologie
2. Cocktail glass set with oak paddle – LSA International
3. Babel archetype tower game – Oliver Bonas
4. Set of 6 black t light holders – Rockett St George
5. Hollywood cocktail shaker – Marks & Spencer
6. Marble & copper condiment set – Oliver Bonas
So it turns out today is our Blog’s First Birthday (if that’s a thing?) A year ago today (On Back to the Future Day no less, 21st Oct 2015) we scribed our first post; an introduction; the beginning; day dot; the beginning of our journey; the start of Stark & Goodwin. Hitting this milestone has inevitably made us look back at the events of the past year and take stock..
The time has gone in a flash. But at the same time some things have been painfully slow to learn. We now have a distinct admiration for small business owners and solopreneurs. Its a tough existence, a steep learning curve and Megan and I have to wear a lot of different hats on a daily basis to keep all aspects of the business ticking along.
It still feels like early days but we are dead proud of ourselves for taking that leap a year ago. Its a timely milestone with us on the cusp of completing our first major project together with some interesting projects in the timeline…
We still have a long way to go but we are already so far from where we used to be and we can hold our heads up high about that… And the main thing? I think I like where we are heading… Its a rare thing when a career and a passion come together. #careergoals #luckybitches #stillworkinghard #herestothenextmilestone
Building work on the bottom two flats of our Bath city centre project is almost complete, its getting exciting over here at Stark & Goodwin HQ!
We’re going for two completely different looks for each apartment; traditional Edwardian style for flat 3, and illustrative Scandinavian for flat 4.
We can’t wait to show you the results in the coming weeks!